1. Mince the onion, carrot, and celery. Tip- cut the carrots, onion, and celery into large chunks, and then place them one at a time in a mini food processor and pulse about 5-8 times. You will have perfectly minced vegetables in seconds, saving you a lot of time.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over medium heat
3. Sauté the onions, carrots, and celery until they soften and the onion is transparent
4. Dice the bacon into small pieces.
5. Add the bacon to the pan and sauté for two to three minutes.
6. Add meat to the pan and saute for about 5 - 8 mins. Using a spatula to break up the pieces.
7. Add wine, tomato paste, milk, butter, salt, and pepper.
8. Let everything simmer for at least 20 minutes or until thickened.
Serve with tagliatelle pasta or pasta of your choice. Cook the pasta al dente for a more flavorful and easy to digest pasta.
This bolognese sauce is even better the next day so you can make it ahead of time. Even better, if you make a batch and freeze it, you will have it on hand for easy last-minute dinners. And for a simple dinner idea for company.