1. Slice the bread to about 1/4 thick
2. Toast the bread in the oven at 350 until nicely browned, and peel the garlic cloves. Use a garlic roller to easily peel garlic.
3. While toast is still warm, rub with the garlic clove. The garlic will melt into the bread.
4. Chop the tomatoes, discarding the seeds and juice
4. Place the chopped tomatoes in a bowl,
5. Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and chopped basil right before serving, or else the oil will start to "cook " them making them mushy.
6. Serve the toasts and the tomatoes separately, and let everyone make their own. If you prefer to prepare them, top the toast with tomatoes before serving to avoid the toast from getting mushy.